Friday, July 23, 2010

Lightbox Treatment

Shirley Poppy flowers rest on slim, delicate stems - making them sway in the breeze. Which in turn results in photos that are a little too blurry. Since I wanted to cut several down for a bouquet, I decided to try out the lightbox and experiment with artificial light.

The two photos posted here are the best of the batch - I love how white and clean the light is. I used the "vibrant" color setting on the camera, and did some very simple photo editing using Microsoft Photo Editor to achieve a "painterly" effect (Photoshop will be entering my life soon - I have a feeling I'll be talking about my life in terms of "pre-Photoshop" or "post-Photoshop" once I open that Pandora's box). Bringing plant life into the house to photograph in the lightbox has been in the back of my mind for a while, and this is the first time I have done it. I am thrilled with the results, and am looking forward to dragging all manner of plant materials into the house this winter for the lightbox treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, those are so beautiful. They are a homage to the light. Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting. Nice to meet you.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete